Community Assistance Information:
2-1-1 is available throughout the U.S. and in many parts of Canada by phone, text, and web. A toll-free call to connects you to a community resource specialist in your area who can help you find services and resources that are available to you locally and provide critical services that can improve and save lives. You find information about:
- Supplemental food and nutrition programs.
- Shelter and housing options and utilities assistance.
- Emergency information and disaster relief.
- Employment and education opportunities.
- Services for veterans.
- Health care, vaccination and health epidemic information.
- Addiction prevention and rehabilitation programs.
- Reentry help for ex-offenders.
- Support groups for individuals with mental illnesses or special needs.
- A safe, confidential path out of physical and/or emotional domestic abuse.
“What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us.” –Julia Cameron